- To be an inclusive school and to put into place strategies, in all aspects of our work, that ensures all learners are given equality of opportunity and are treated fairly.
- To promote and achieve high standards for all by providing teaching and learning of the highest quality.
- To treat learners as individuals and to differentiate teaching and learning to take account of their individual and additional needs.
- To provide well for learners’ physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural needs.
- To provide well for learners’ care, health and safety.
- To ensure that all learners benefit from a rich, broad, balanced curriculum presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with lots of opportunities for first-hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play.
- To teach basic skills and core subjects well and to give great emphasis to the foundation subjects and RE especially to the creative aspects including art, poetry, story, dance, music, performance. These will be central to our work.
- To make connections between subjects and to apply literacy and numeracy and other key skills across the curriculum.
- To begin to develop the Welsh Language from the Early years and promote a Welsh ethos within the school.
- To enliven and enrich the curriculum by visits, extra curricular activities, visitors, and extensive use of the environment.
- To give responsibility to learners and develop their self- confidence by contributing to the community.
- To make Parents, Carers, Governors and the wider community of Abergele equal partners with the school and to involve them in the evaluation of its success.
- To build an ethos marked by a welcoming, friendly, bright lively, happy place where all learners feel secure. A place where good behaviour is expected and where learners enjoy their learning journey. To make this school a place of enjoyment where success is celebrated.