Welcome to the Nursery Class!
Class Teacher: Miss J. Murnane with Miss K. Brett and Mrs R. Dodd as HLTA cover
Teaching Assistants: Miss K. Matthews & Mrs J. Healey
LEA Support Staff: Mrs J. Jones
The Nursery sessions are between 8.45am and 11.15am and 12.30pm and 3.00pm and the classes are called the Ladybirds (AM) and the Bumblebees (PM).
Within the Nursery session the children participate in a variety of activities such as painting and other craft activities, sculpting, sharing books, mark making, using construction materials and role play.
The outside classroom is used to its full potential and the pupils explore a rich and stimulating environment in which many skills are developed and knowledge enhanced.
Developing the pupils personal and social skills is the pinnacle of the Nursery and the Nursery staff strive to ensure that the children have an enjoyable time and a valuable springboard into full time education.
Here is some information you may find useful...
- We have our P.E session every Friday in the school hall this is known as 'Physical Friday'. Please remember to send your child/ren to school dressed in their P.E kit.
- We have a forest school session once per week. The children will have an opportunity to learn about the outdoors in our onsite forest school area. If your child is selected to attend the sessions for that half term, please ensure they come to school on that day suitably dressed e.g. Warm outdoor clothing and suitable warm footwear.
- We occasionally have access to our Digger Land site and will take small groups of children to play, dig and build. The children thoroughly enjoy their time in Digger Land and they always look forward to visiting again. Waterproof clothing and wellington boots are provided for the children on these occasions.
- In the Nursery we hold ‘Care to Share’ sessions where you can drop in at the end of your child’s session to discuss any problems, ask and questions or just to chat with the Teacher. The Ladybirds session is at 11.15am until 11.30am and the Bumblebees session is 3pm until 3.15pm every Wednesday.
- For all up coming events, information and dates for your diary please visit the school website, Twitter page and news letter. Class information will also be displayed on the noticeboards around the Nursery area.
Here are some of the wonderful things we will learn about in the Nursery…
This Half Term our topic is- Why do you love me so much?
Throughout this topic, we will have the opportunity to-
- Read and respond to the stories ‘Guess how much I love you’ and ‘The ugly duckling’.
- Sing a variety of nursery rhymes
- Talk about who they love
- Draw their face using pencils and paint
- Explore their senses through various explorations
- Take selfies!
- Use a variety of creative resources to cut, stick, glue and paint
- Use an Ipad to draw their face
- Identify different colours in English and Welsh
- Ask and answer the question ‘Pwy wyt ti?’
- Identify Numicon shapes and match them
- Count objects and match shapes
At the end of this half term we will celebrate a birthday.
The children will-
- Create birthday cards
- Write invitations
- Use pictures to create their own birthday list
- Walk to the post box to post a birthday card
- Be part of a birthday party!
… and much more!
Hapus a chysurus wrth ddysgu gyda'n gilydd.......Happy and secure as we all learn together