Welcome to the Nursery Class!
Class Teacher: Miss J. Murnane
Teaching Assistants: Miss K. Matthews, Mrs K. Adamson, Miss L. Roberts
Support Staff: Miss A. Mcbreeze
The Nursery sessions are between 9.00am and 11.15am and 12.45pm and 3.00pm and the classes are called the Ladybirds (AM) and the Bumblebees (PM).
Within the Nursery session the children participate in a variety of activities such as painting and other craft activities, sculpting, sharing books, mark making, using construction materials and role play.
The outside classroom is used to its full potential and the pupils explore a rich and stimulating environment in which many skills are developed and knowledge enhanced.
Developing the pupils personal and social skills is the pinnacle of the Nursery and the Nursery staff strive to ensure that the children are independent and have an enjoyable time and a valuable springboard into full time education.
Here is some information you may find useful...
- We have our P.E session every week on a Wednesday. We like to call this 'Work Out Wednesday' Please remember to send your child in to school dressed in their P.E kit (leggings or tracksuit bottoms with school t-shirt, jumper or cardigan).
- We occasionally have access to our Forest School area and Digger Land site and will take small groups of children to play, dig and build. The children thoroughly enjoy their time in Digger Land and Forest School and they always look forward to visiting again. Waterproof clothing and wellington boots are provided for the children on these occasions.
- For all up coming events, information and dates for your diary please visit the school website, Twitter page and news letter, which will be sent via Seesaw. Class information will also be displayed on the noticeboards around the Nursery area.
Our topic for Term 1a is... The Land of Nursery Rhymes
Throughout this topic, the children will have the opportunity to:
- Sing a variety of nursery rhymes
- Talk about themselves and their favourite Nursery Rhymes
- Role Play different characters from Nursery Rhymes
- Meet Mr Puddles and have a go at completing his outdoor challenges
- Use a variety of creative resources to cut, stick, glue and paint
- Identify different colours in English and Welsh
- Ask and answer the question ‘Pwy wyt ti?’
- Read and respond to the story, 'Little Charlie'
- Identify Numicon shapes
- Count objects and match shapes
- The children will also have lots of fun developing their hand muscles through dough disco sessions
- Understand why we have to look after our school and community by keeping it litter free
- Explore different food choices and begin to think about healthy and unhealthy food options
- Celebrate Harvest festival
… and much more!
Hapus a chysurus wrth ddysgu gyda'n gilydd.......Happy and secure as we all learn together