Ysgol Glan is a Welsh Government Pioneer School, we work in partnership with GwE to deliver training courses as part of the Professional Learning Programme.
We are running courses to focus on:
* Outdoor Learning and Forest Schools (full day - 9:15 start)
* Outdoor Learning and Beach Schools (full day - 9:15 start)
* Outdoor Learning for Classroom Assistants (half a day – 1:00pm start)
These courses are an opportunity to look at the way we use our outdoor classroom to enhance our children’s learning and to have the opportunity to observe sessions
* Mums and Chums (half a day – 9:00 start)
* Dads and Lads (half a day – 9:00 start)
These sessions are based in our Forest Schools Site and look at the way we engage parents in our children’s learning to raise levels of numeracy and literacy skills.
Please note for all outdoor courses warm clothing, suitable footwear is essential
* Foundation Phase for NQTS (full day - 9:15 start)
During these sessions there is the opportunity to look at the way we implement the Foundation Phase curriculum in our school, look at planning and assessment techniques, discuss good practice with a range of professionals and observe sessions
* Synthetic Phonics (half a day – 9:00 start)
These sessions give teachers the chance to look at how we teach phonics. There is an opportunity to observe sessions, look at resources, children’s books and ask questions to the Synthetic Phonics Manager.
Look on the GwE website for more information or to book a course
or contact MyraDavies@gwegogledd.cymru
For all full day courses a buffet lunch is provided and we ask you to contact the school directly with any dietary requirements email@example.com